Villas of Muskoka A Family Resort
Everything you need to know about your stay with us.
Villas of Muskoka is a self-catering Family Resort that is open year around. We have 15 townhomes in 7 buildings all overlooking Lake Muskoka.
Address: 1841 Frank Miller Memorial Route also called 1841 Muskoka Road Hwy 118 West, Bracebridge, ON
Phone/Text/Email: Arlene 705-645-1800 phone and 705-706-5300 text
Jose: 705-394-6559 Text
GPS 45 03’ 15’N and 70 25’ 24’ W at 228M
We have 15 townhomes all self-contained, so you can social distance from other guests and your hosts. All units have their own porches with Muskoka chairs that overlook Lake Muskoka, each Villa has their own propane BBQ. All Villas will be extensively cleaned before your arrival, we want you to enjoy your stay on Lake Muskoka and the great outdoors in a safe environment.
Covid – 19
All 15 townhomes are self-contained, so you can socially distance from other guests and your hosts. All Villas are extensively cleaned before our guest’s arrival. Ventilating the Villa during cleaning, cleaning then disinfecting and focusing on the frequently touched surfaces.
Please social distance, we have lots of space on the Villa property. Please do not use the dock for sunbathing as it is hard to social distance.
Until Covid – 19 has been fully resolved we are not providing any beach or firepit chairs, we suggest you bring your own lawn chairs for these areas. (All Villas have Muskoka chairs on their decks please do not move them off the decks.)
Until Covid -19 has been fully resolved we have set up a sanitation station near the boats and sports area. At the station we supply Lysol Wipes so that you can wipe down the boats, paddles, hockey sticks, basketball and adult life jackets before using.
Reception/Office: If you come into RECEPTION, please wear a mask.
Reservation, Cancellation and
Bookings can be made directly through our web site at www.villasofmuskoka.com or by call us at 1-705-645-1800. Or 3rd party sites.
We are offering discounts off our posted rates check out our Web site Offers & Packages
A 50% deposit of your total villa stay including taxes is required to secure your reservation. The remaining balance of your stay will be charged on the morning of your arrival. 3rd party sites have different deposit requirements.
Payments: Can be made by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or by Visa or MC
Securing your reservation with a credit card means you accept the terms of our cancellation policy. Once the booking has been processed you will receive a confirmation email that outlines the summary of your booking. Please review the information carefully and contact us immediately at email@example.com if you need to make any changes or corrections.
A valid credit card is required to make a reservation, your reservation is not confirmed until the deposit has been processed.
You must be a minimum of 25 years old to make a reservation.
Damage: A credit card is required before checking in, it will be pre-authorized for $1000 in case of damage, missing items or if the Villa is left in an unacceptable condition on departure. Any damage caused to the rented unit (including but not limited to damage to furniture, fixtures, flooring, walls, doors, appliances, and the unit’s exterior) will be paid by the registrant. Villas of Muskoka reserves the right to charge the cost of damage to the Credit Card on file and agrees to provide the guest with a statement of charges.
As the holder of the registered Credit Card used for payment. You must remain in house for the duration of the contracted stay with Villas of Muskoka Resort. The registered guest accepts responsibility for other unit occupants.
Stays from 10/01/2021 to 06/16/2022 and 09/06/2022 to 12/31/2022 our cancellation policy is as follows: If you need to cancel and it is 7 days or more before your arrival date a full refund will be given. Cancellation under 7 days the deposit will be forfeited.
Stays from 06/17/2022 to 09/05/2022 our cancellation policy is as follows: If you need to cancel and it is 60 days or more before your arrival date a full refund will be given. Cancellation under 60 days the deposit will be forfeited.
For groups that book, our cancellation policy is as follow for groups of 3 or more Villas. If some or all the group needs to cancel, and it is 60 days or more before arrival date a full refund will be given. Cancellation under 60 days the deposit will be forfeited.
Exception: If Ontario Provincial Government requires the property to close all deposits will be refunded.
Villa Capacitie s
Maximum occupancy of a villa is as follows: 2-bedroom villa 4 persons, 3 bedroom villa 7 persons and 4 bedroom villa 8 persons. MAXIMUM people in a unit includes all children. Guests renting a villa MUST fully disclose the number of people staying in the unit to meet fire code regulations. Any guests exceeding the villa limit must rent an additional villa, subject to availability. If Villas of Muskoka does not have adequate inventory guests exceeding the villa limit must find alternative accommodation.
Sale of Villas
As you may be aware our individual Villas are for sale, and some have been purchased. When booking a Villa, we can guarantee you the size of the Villa, 3 bedrooms with loft or 2 bedrooms but we cannot guarantee your Villa number will not change. As we have only 1 – 4-bedroom Villa if it becomes unavailable for your booked stay, we will guarantee a 3 bedroom with loft Villa.
What Does Your Villa Contain?
Kitchen is stocked with the following:
- Coffee maker
- Small, medium, and large pots,
- Small, medium and large fry pans
- Dishes, glassware & cutlery for the number of guests the Villa accommodates.
- 2 plastic bowls
- Baking sheet
- Milk container
- Cutting board
- Oven mitts,
- 2 drying towels and 2 wash cloths
- Plastic spoon
- Soup ladle
- Lifter, grater
- Measuring cup
- Can opener
- Potato peeler and masher
- Gas BBQ, tongs, and propane tank
- Few hangers in each closet – 1 Hairdryer
- Iron and Ironing Board, Broom and Dustpan
- Laundry Soap for washer & dryer
- Linen for all the beds with comforters and pillows
- Large towel and hand towel for each occupant in the Villa – Bathmat for outside of each shower. (but not beach towels, please bring)
You will find 2-day supply of dishwasher soap, kitchen sink soap, paper towel, garbage bags, toilet paper, laundry soap, shampoo, and face soap. Please bring additional supplies.
Extras to bring: Beach Towels and Life Jackets: We DO NOT provide beach towels we ask that you please bring your own. There is a washer and dryer in each unit.
Housekeeping: Daily housekeeping service IS NOT provided during your stay. All units have a washer and dry, cleaning clothes and a broom and dustpan. Please refer to our Before Departing for how the Villa is to be left on your departure.
Our Wifi is very good at the Villas the password for each Villa is in the information booklet in each Villa.
We have Smart TV’s in each Villa that run off the internet (we do not have cable TV) You might want to bring some downloaded movies and passwords for your Netflix, Prime and Amazon accounts.
Our Tap Water is good to drink we have an extensive water system.
PLEASE no Baby Wipes are to be flushed down the toilets it can damage the septic system. Also, no bacon grease or frying oil down the sinks as it also damages a septic system
There are 2 thermostats in each unit the larger one is for the furnace/air conditioner and the smaller one is for the fireplace (if unit has a fireplace) The fireplace will not stay on if you have the furnace is set to high.
You will receive 2 keys per Villa a $10 per key will be charged if not returned.
Maintenance Items: If you find any maintenance items that require our attention please let us know.
Check-in time is any time after 4pm. Check-out time is 10am. Earlier arrival and later departure times maybe sometimes arranged in the off season. Due to high volume of business early check-ins or late check-outs are not available during the summer or holiday seasons.
During COVID-19 No need to check in at the front desk.
The door to your Villa will be unlocked and the keys will be on the kitchen counter. Our information booklet is also in each Villa.
If you have booked with Airbnb, we will receive your payment directly from them. If you have booked through another 3rd party or directly, Arlene will have contacted you already to arrange payment, so you don’t have to check in at the office.
We ask that you email use your car(s) information so the type, model, colour, and license number within 24 hours of your arrival.
If you need to come to the office to pay, purchase bags of wood or fireworks or for any other reason please wear a mask.
- Turn down the Heat thermostat if on to 16C or 59F or if A/C thermostat to 20C or 70F. Turn Fireplace thermostat all the way down so that the fireplace turns off.
- Leave the keys for the Villa on the kitchen counter.
- Please leave Villa clean and tidy. Counters wiped down, dirty dishes in the dishwasher with detergent and turned on.
- White towels and kitchen towels put in washer with a little laundry soap that is provided and turned onto NORMALe
- Return all furniture back to the location that it was on your arrival.
- If you have taken items from one Villa to the next (coffee cups, silverware, Muskoka Chairs etc.) please return to Villa they originally came from.
- Garbage and empties if on decks or around your Villa, please pick up and put in garbage and recycling containers.
- Recycling and Garbage please take to garbage area at the top of the hill near 7B.
- If recycling filled please leave beside the bins.
- If Villa is exceptionally messy or dirty or not with original contents, extra charges will apply.
Maximum occupancy of a villa is as follows: 2-bedroom villa 4 persons, 3 bedroom villa 7 persons and 4 bedroom villa 8 persons.
MAXIMUM people in a unit includes children 2 years and older. Guests renting a villa MUST fully disclose the number of people staying in the unit to meet fire code regulations. Any guests exceeding the villa limit must rent an additional villa, subject to availability. If Villas of Muskoka does not have adequate inventory guests exceeding the villa limit must find alternative accommodation.
Villas of Muskoka has a very limited and strict pet policy for guests renting please contact us directly to discuss 1-705-645-1800 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not bring your pet unless you have confirmed with us or you will be asked to put your pet in a local kennel.
Playpens and Cots
Lost & Found
Villas of Muskoka Owners
Waterfront and Recreational Facilities
Lots of green space, Beautiful Beach, Swimming, Docking Space (please pre-book $ apply), Fishing from dock and shoreline, 4 Firepits ( 2 available all year, please bring your own lawn chairs), Ball Hockey (available all year) Basketball, Canoes, Kayaks and Stand Up Paddleboards adult life jackets available NO children’s life jackets are available. Available from mid-May to mid Oct each year. At reception we sell bags of firewood. In the winter we have some toboggans and a small toboggan hill.
Boat Docking: We have limited docking space for motorized boats YOU MUST book ahead with the resort to reserve your spot. We do have a per night charge plus HST
Firewood and Fireworks: We sell bags of firewood at reception between 9am and 5pm $ apply. We also sell Fireworks at the office. The releasing of Fireworks is only allowed in this area of Muskoka on Friday and Saturday nights and holidays (Example July 1 without a permit) We do not reserve firepits it is first come.
As the reservation holder you are the only person that can obtain details of this reservation. If you would like additional individuals to have access, their name must be added to the reservation (please contact the office). No information regarding this reservation will be shared otherwise.
Extras to Bring
- BEACH TOWELS: We DO NOT supply beach towels and we ask that you please bring your own. There is a washer and dryer in each unit.
- Personal supply of hand sanitizer or wipes for your Villa
- Face masks or other PPE
Board games and lawn games
- Lawn Chairs for Firepit and beach (All Villas have Muskoka chairs on their decks please do not move off the decks.)
- Extra bath and kitchen supplies
September 6, 2021, to June 16, 2022 Office Hours 9 am to 5pm Monday to Friday. July 17 to September 5, 2022, Office Hours 9am to 5pm – 7 days per week. Someone might not always be in the office but will be on the property. text or call the numbers below. If you need anything like bags of wood, fireworks, new tank of propane etc. please ask during these hours if possible.
We have On Call assistance on Saturdays and Sundays from 9am to 5pm September 6, 2021, to June 16, 2022
Jose – Text or call 705-394-6559 Arlene call 705-645-1800 or text 705-706-5300
Villas of Muskoka (Villas of Lake Muskoka) (listed as Villas below) - Activity WAIVER
- The guest that booked the Villa is responsible that all their guests understand the Villas of Muskoka Activity WAIVER.
Adult Life Jackets are available by the Villas for guests use. Guests are instructed to bring life jackets for their children. It is the law to have a life jacket for each person in a boat, we recommend they be worn. We also provide orange safety kits for each of the Villas non-motorized boats. Please make sure they are taken. (We classify a boat at the Villas as a canoe, kayak or standup paddleboard that we provide). This activity waiver is for all recreational activities on the property.
The registered guest:
- I have full legal responsibility for the decisions regarding myself and my guests at my Villa.
- I accept on behalf of myself and my guests at my Villa, that there is a risk of serious injury or death in participation in swimming and other boating and recreational activities; and
- I am satisfied that myself and my guests are physically and emotionally able to participate in such activities and voluntarily assume the risks of such participation; and
- I understand and will instruct my guests that all rules for participation must be followed, and I am responsible for the safety of myself and my guests.
- I will immediately remove my guests or myself from water and other activities if I observe any unsafe condition or feel that I or my guests are no longer able to participate in the activity.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY GUESTS AND OUR HEIRS ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND NEXT OF KIN, THAT MY EXECUTION OF THIS DOCUMENT CONSTITUTES:
- AN UNQUALIFIED ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS associated with participation in the activities by myself and my guests.
- A FULL AND FINAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the Villas; the Villas directors, officers, employees, insurers, members, agents and/or sponsors; and/or other Villa guests.
- AN AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASEES for any loss, injury, costs or damages, of any form or type, however caused or arising from the participation of myself or my guests in the water activities, even if due to the negligence of any of the Releasees.
- If any guest on the property decides to bring their own boat or recreational piece of equipment (such as non-motorized boat, motorized boat, floatation device, trampoline, water pad etc they are responsible for all persons using the equipment.
As the registered guest I agree to the above.
By booking at the Villas of Muskoka I understand the above is a binding legal agreement. I am aware that by being the registered guest of the Villas of Muskoka this agreement waives certain substantial legal rights which myself and my guests may have against the Releasees. I have agreed to this document voluntarily without inducement.
Villas of Muskoka (Villas of Lake Muskoka)